Bellott, D.W., Skaletsky, H., Pyntikova, T., Mardis, E.R., Graves, T., Kremitzki, C.,
Brown, L.G., Rozen, S., Warren, W.C., Wilson, R.K., Page, D.C.
Convergent Evolution of Chicken Z and Human X Chromosomes by Expansion and Gene Acquisition.
All Figures and Tables are identical to those provided to the journal.
Additionally, the complete assembled sequence of the chicken Z chromosome (both raw and repeat-masked)
is available below as files chrZ_061609.fa and chrZ_061609.fa.masked.
- Figure 1. Figure 1: The Z Amplicon.
- Figure 2. Figure 2: Independent origin of chicken Z and human X chromosomes.
- Figure 3. Figure 3: Convergent gene gain on the chicken Z and human X chromosomes.
- Supplementary Figures and Legends 1-12. Supplementary Figures and Legends 1 through 12, which includes:
- Supplementary Figure 1. Annotated sequence of the chicken Z chromosome
- Supplementary Figure 2. Order and orientation of Z chromosome contigs by DNA-FISH
- Supplementary Figure 3. Location of the Z chromosome centromere
- Supplementary Figure 4. Z amplicon FISH
- Supplementary Figure 5. Triangular dot plot of the Z amplicon region
- Supplementary Figure 6. Dot plots of chicken Z versus all human chromosomes
- Supplementary Figure 7. Dot plots of human X versus all chicken chromosomes
- Supplementary Figure 8. Dot plots of chicken Z and human X versus all zebrafish chromosomes
- Supplementary Figure 9. Dot plots of chicken Z and human X versus all stickleback chromosomes
- Supplementary Figure 10. Dot plots of chicken Z and human X versus all medaka chromosomes
- Supplementary Figure 11. Dot plots of chicken Z and human X versus all pufferfish chromosomes
- Supplementary Figure 12. Recombination, G+C content, and LINE density